SENTINEL-2 for Science Workshop
May 20-22, 2014 – Frascati, Italy
The European Space Agency, in the context of the Scientific Exploitation of Operational Missions (SEOM) element, is organising an event dedicated to prepare for scientific exploitation of the Sentinel-2 mission, entitled “Sentinel-2 for Science Workshop”, which will be hosted in ESA-ESRIN, Frascati, Italy, on the 20th, 21st and 22nd May 2014.
The workshop is open to ESA Principal Investigators, co-investigators, Sentinel-2 users, scientists, students, representatives from national, European and international space agencies and value adding industries.
The workshop is organised around:
- Papers and posters selected by the Scientific Committee
- Round table discussions with seed questions prepared by the Scientific Committee and ESA
- Workshop proceedings published by ESA
The main objectives of the workshop are:
- Gather and foster the future Sentinel-2 scientific community
- Review and assess the progress according to the recommendations voiced at the Sentinel-2 Preparatory Symposium 2012*.
- Present first results exploiting Sentinel-2 type time series using ESA Third Party Missions (e.g. SPOT/Take5 initiative)
- Present the Sentinel-2 mission status, algorithms and products
- Provide a forum for international exchange on optical HR land applications
- Provide a forum for ESA PIs and scientists to present optical HR projects results
- Present large scale international initiatives to support the R&D activities of relevance for the Sentinel-2 mission
- Consult scientists to prepare SEOM and DUE calls supporting science activities for Sentinel-2
The Abstract Submission deadline is 31 January 2014.
- The maximum length for the abstract text is 1000 words;
- Please note that there is an option (not obligatory) to upload an extended abstract (max 3 pages in PDF format), formatted by using the ESA Conference proceedings template;
- Authors will be notified of the decision of the Committees by March 2014. Upon notification of acceptance, authors will be asked to submit a full paper at the end of the workshop.
The workshop will focus around the following themes:
- Land Cover
- Wetlands & Coastal waters
- Methodologies, techniques & calibration
|Abstract Submission open||01/11/2013|
|Submission of Abstracts||31/01/2014|
|Notification of Acceptance||07/03/2014|
|Issue of Preliminary Programme||04/04/2014|
|Opening of Registration||04/04/2014|
|Release of Final Programme||at the workshop|
|Submission of Full Paper||at the workshop|
The registration will be opened on the 4th of April 2014.
Language and Fees
The official language of the workshop is English. No participation fees will be charged. Participants are expected to finance their own travel and accommodation expenses.
Meeting Room Big Hall (building 14) and Magellan (building 1)
Via Galileo Galilei
00044 Frascati (RM)
Source: SENTINEL-2 for Science Workshop