How to Teach with the ArcGIS Platform
Tuesday, October 29, 2013 2:00 PM – 3:00 PM EDT
Just the facts
In this webinar, Esri’s Education Team will present a framework for deploying the ArcGIS platform in higher education curricula. Leading GIS educators will discuss the framework, and will respond to audience questions and comments.
In this webinar you will learn
- How educators can plan to adopt ArcGIS Online for introductory GIS education
- How ArcGIS for Desktop should be repositioned as an intermediate/advanced-level tool
- Why programming and application development should be an essential component of GIS education
ArcGIS Online is a suitable tool for introductory GIS education.
The ArcGIS system has become a platform upon which geospatial solutions are built and shared. Central to the platform is ArcGIS Online, which combines the capabilities of GIS software-as-a-service (SaaS) and a geospatial content management system. GIS educators rightly ask how the evolution of the ArcGIS platform affects the way they teach. In this webinar, Esri’s Education Team will present a framework for deploying ArcGIS in higher education curricula. Leading GIS educators will discuss the framework, pose questions and discuss alternatives.
David DiBiase, Director of Education, Esri
Diana Sinton, Executive Director and Education Committee Chairperson, UCGIS
Vince DiNoto, Principal Investigator, GeoTech Center
Anthony Robinson, Lead Faculty Member, Penn State Online Geospatial Education Programs
Who should attend
- GIS educators
- University IT administrators
- Students in higher education