Eighth International Conference on Geographic Information Science
Vienna, Austria – September, 23-26
The Eighth International Conference on Geographic Information Science is hosted by Vienna University of Technology, Austria. GIScience 2014 continues a highly successful series of conferences started in 2000 that regularly brings together more than 200 international participants from academia, industry, and government organizations to discuss and advance the state-of-the-art in Geographic Information Science.
September 23, 2014 is dedicated to Workshops and Tutorial. The main conference takes place from September 24 to 26, 2014, and consists of two refereed paper tracks: Full Papers and Extended Abstracts.
GIScience conference series has always had a focus on fundamental research themes and questions. GIScience 2014 strongly welcomes articles and proposals covering emerging topics and fundamental research findings across all sectors of Geographic Information Science. The submission of papers dealing with GIS applications is discouraged.
Contributions are invited on all topics spanning disciplines cognate to Geographic Information Science, including (but not limited to):
- Cognitive science
- Computer science
- Information science
- Social science
- Workshop and Tutorial proposals due January 13, 2014
- Workshop and Tutorial notification February 3, 2014
- Full papers due February 10, 2014
- Full paper notification April 12, 2014
- Extended abstracts due May 5, 2014
- Extended abstract notification June 16, 2014
- Full paper camera-ready due May 12,2014
- Extended abstract camera-ready due August 11, 2014