Job announcement by Bluesky International Ltd
Job Title: GIS Analyst
Location: Coalville, Leicestershire, UK
Primary Job Responsibilities
Bluesky International Limited is a friendly, dynamic and innovative company at the forefront of the geographic information industry. The enthusiastic and dedicated team has a wealth of experience in the acquisition, processing and application of a range of geographic data, in particular aerial photography, LiDAR and thermal imagery. Bluesky also specialises in the creation of GIS data for modelling environmental, climate change, and renewable energy. The GIS Analyst role is within our lively and energetic production team.
We are looking for a talented, hardworking individual to join our company to help us with our continuing provision of world class data and services to our wide customer base. In return we can offer opportunities to work on unique and exciting projects, and a stable platform upon which to develop your career. Knowledge and experience of GIS is required but on the job training will be given.
Bluesky has an enviable reputation in the UK GIS sector as a result of a portfolio of high profile projects with clients that include Central Government, Local Authorities and commercial customers including Google. Following several successful years we need to expand our team to meet the growing demand for our products and services. So would you like to join our team?
Responsibilities associated with this post will include:
- To work alongside the production team on data processing and manipulation, with emphasis on GIS production.
- To integrate multiple GIS and remote sensing data types.
- Develop flow lines to allow automated data processing.
- Assist colleagues with GIS queries.
- Assist with the growth of GIS “know-how” within the company and share and increase this knowledge.
- Work with the production and R&D teams to help develop new, innovative, methods and processes to generate efficiencies in time and costs within the production department.
- Assist the R&D team with the development of new products when required.
- Develop your own skills in GIS and remote sensing.
- A minimum of 2 years of practical experience using GIS.
- A degree or equivalent qualification in a geography related discipline, IT or computing preferably with GIS
- Experience using ArcGIS
- A minimum of GCSE grade A-C in Mathematics and English
- A desire to develop your career by learning on the job, as part of a team
- Strong personal management and timekeeping skills
- Ability to work to strict deadlines
- Knowledge and Experience of Open Source GIS software (QGIS)
- A practical knowledge of Python programming
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Self-motivated and organised individual
- Dynamic approach to people and projects
- Forward thinking and interested in developing smart ways of working
- Full time post, based in Coalville, Leicestershire
- Competitive salary based on experience.
- Includes a Pension and Life Assurance Scheme and up to 25 days holiday per annum and a range of additional benefits, including an annual bonus scheme.
Bluesky is an Equal Opportunities Employer and is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all.
Please email a CV and covering letter to: email@example.com
Bluesky International Limited, The Old Toy Factory, Jackson Street, Coalville, LE67 3NR.